Thursday, December 26, 2013
While 2013 takes a masterful bow, let's look forward to the books coming out in 2014 that look unmissable...
- DREAMS OF GODS AND MONSTERS by Laini Taylor, because holy cow this series is epic, with all the YA tropes twisted into the most lyrical and disturbing versions of themselves. A happy ending seem impossible and yet... I still have hope, which makes its own kind of magic. ;)
- HOUSE OF IVY AND SORROW by Natalie Whipple. I have wanted to read more about Josephine and her witchy family ever since Natalie posted a snippet on her blog as a writing exercise a couple years ago. Plus, I am a sucker for covers with delicious typography.
- RUIN AND RISING by Leigh Bardugo. The Grisha series is one of my favorites, and I've been recommending it to everyone. The second book went in a direction I didn't expect, so I'm curious to see how that plays out in this final installment -- not to mention any new curveballs Leigh might throw at us!
- COMPLICIT by Stephanie Kuehn. As I read the blurb for this book, my heart rate started to increase and then, bam! That last line clinched it. I simply MUST know what’s going on in this story. It hooked me like a fish.
- #SCANDAL by Sarah Ockler. This book sounds really interesting, as much for the relevance of the social media issues as for the plucky plotline. Also, I love Sarah Ockler’s writing style.
- (DON'T YOU) FORGET ABOUT ME by Kate Karyus Quinn. This intrigues me because I love books involving sisters and this novel seems like it will be eerie, suspenseful and emotional. I also adore the characters’ names, which is an added bonus.
- THE UNBOUND by Victoria Schwab. Loved, loved, loved THE ARCHIVED and after hearing so many great reviews for VICIOUS, I know that Victoria's writing keeps gets more and more stellar. So excited for this one.
- WE WERE LIARS by E. Lockhart. One I've heard a lot of buzz about and trusted readers of ARCs can't seem to say enough good things. I'm prepared to be dazzled. The description pulls on every one of my strings.
- MARINA by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Dude wrote THE SHADOW OF THE WIND, which I friggin’ loved. I'm all about escaping to Barcelona for his next mysterious flight of fancy.
- DREAMS OF GODS AND MONSTERS by Laini Taylor. I'm so in love with this series. I am both aching to see where the story goes and dreading to turn the last page. I don't want it to end!
- THE NETHERGRIM by Matthew Jobin. This book is described as being reminiscent of the CHRONICLES OF NARNIA. That was enough to convince me. Knights and wizards, magic and scary monsters. Can't wait to try it.
- MISTWALKER by Saundra Mitchell. This story sounds so haunting and creepy, and I love that it's set in a small town in Maine.
What books are you guys most looking forward to reading in 2014?
- 2017 (2)
- 2016 (11)
- 2015 (45)
- 2014 (98)
- 2012 (101)
- 2011 (45)
- ► 2015 (45)
- ► 2014 (98)
- ▼ December (7)
- ► 2012 (101)
on the shelf
© 2011 All words & images above are the creation/property of We Heart YA unless otherwise credited. Powered by Blogger.
- first lines
- males and YA
- Monthly Reads
- new releases
- point of view
- Posts by Ingrid
- Posts by Kristan
- Posts by Sarah
- Posts by Stephanie
- Twitter Tuesday