The WHYA girls meet every week to read and critique each other's writing. Recently we’ve incorporated brainstorming sessions into our meetings where we hammer out new ideas for books we want to write in the future. All this talk about books we want to write has us thinking about books we want to read.
Here are our wish lists at present:
- a YA Indiana Jones
- a YA novel about the lost city of Atlantis
- a sequel or companion novel to Robin McKinley’s THE BLUE SWORD and THE HERO AND THE CROWN
- a contemporary set in Montana with cowboys and horses
- a sci-fi set on another planet
- a sequel to CHIME by Franny Billingsley
- a YA Battlestar Galactica
- more stories featuring strong animal bonds/friendships (esp. dogs and horses
- companion novels (but NOT sequels) to SCORPIO RACES (set on Thisby) and HUNGER GAMES (like POVs from other districts)
- a sequel or companion novel to JELLICOE ROAD by Melina Marchetta
- more books with family and sibling relationships that are central to the storyline rather than just subplots
- books about Amish teens
What books would you like to wish into existence?